Based on his award-winning Book, “Six Steps to Managing Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia,” join us for a presentation with Dr. Andrew Budson to learn how you can manage all the problems that come with dementia—including those with memory, language, vision, depression, behavior, agitation, aggression, sleep, falls, incontinence, and more—and still take care of yourself, in six steps.
A recorded discussion led by Dr. Andrew Budson, originally provided on June 23, 2022.
Caregiving for a loved one with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia is hard. It’s hard whether you’re caring for your spouse, parent, grandparent, sibling, other family member, or friend. Even if you had an extra ten hours each day to do it, it’s hard to manage all the problems that come with dementia. And caring for a loved one with dementia can sometimes feel like a long, lonely journey.
Six Steps to Managing Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia can help, addressing concerns such as:
· Is the problem Alzheimer’s, dementia, or something else?
· How do you approach problems in dementia?
· How do you manage problems with memory, language, and vision?
· How do you cope with emotional and behavioral problems?
· What are the best ways to manage troubles with sleep and incontinence?
· Which medications can help?
· Which medications can actually make things worse?
· How do you build your care team?
· Why is it important to care for yourself?
· How do you sustain your relationship with your loved one?
· How do you plan for the progression of dementia?
· How do you plan for the end and beyond?
Six Steps to Managing Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia is comprehensive yet written in an easy-to-read style, featuring clinical vignettes and character-based stories that provide real-life examples of how to successfully manage Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
Six Steps to Managing Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia may be purchased at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and other retailers. A limited number of copies are available to borrow from MemoryCare’s lending library for free (located in our office at 100 Far Horizons Lane, Asheville, NC 28803).
A special thanks to the sponsors of this event: Campfire Grill, McGuire Wood & Bissette Law Firm, and Knox Law